Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Field Trip to San Francisco

Ah, quiet time... I've managed to get both kids to nap at the same time, and I'm quickly trying to do anything that requires a bit of concentration while they sleep. Two children has been a major adjustment for me, but I recently learned of a woman who had five at once! Her name is Adwai Malual, and she has an interesting story. You can learn more about her story at http://www.twincities.com/ci_11537342?source=most_emailed.
Alison and I managed to sneak up to San Francisco last week, and visited Living Green in the San Francisco design center for the first time. What a beautiful and serene space! But I was so disappointed that I could not take anything home for any clients' (or my own) garden as the prices were much higher than I've found elsewhere. Their presentation is beautiful, and there were many unique pieces, but I wouldn't try to justify the price tag to any of my clients.
Because we were disappointed that we didn't have anything to bring home from Living Green, we decided to stop by Flora Grubb on the way home. Here we found plenty we could take home, and recommend for clients' gardens. Apparently many others did, too. While Living Green was serene and peaceful, I later realized it was so because it was void of customers. Flora Grubb, on the other hand, was busy with anxious customers, and the beautiful open space was filled with fun, playful tunes. Economists say today many customers are looking to buy an experience, and Flora Grubb has created quite a desirable experience. We'll definitely be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment